Music is your lifetime of any party, event or wedding and when there is great music playing in the background, the guests, the hosts and everyone is in great spirits and they are enjoying themselves to the tilt. The choice or the type of music you play for almost any event is essential and it must b made keeping in mind that the occasion, the guests and even the theme of the day if any. A disc jockey is a man or woman who selects and performs recorded music for a live audience. There are various varieties of equipment that a disc jockey uses to boost the quality of the music and to make it more profound so the audience has a good time.
Disc Jockeys may be of many types. You've got the radio disc jockey, who chooses and broadcasts music on FM, AM, digital, shortwave or some online music channels. Then you have club disc jockeys, who play recorded music in pubs, discos, and night clubs. You also have specialization hip hop DJs who use turntables to perform that sort of music. They may also resort to starching of their turntable to create a more percussive sound.
Some of the basic Kinds of equipment which are needed by any kind of Disc Jockey comprise
- Recorded sounds in the DJ's favorite medium such as Traktor Kontrol S4 vinyl records, compact discs, MP3 files or CD ROM.
- Digital audio or seems have to be mixed with MIDI paths for which a multiple sequencer is required by the DJ.
- An electronic audio mixer which goes by the name of DJ mixer is required. This DJ mixer is usually equipped with a device known as the"crossfader". This device is required for the smooth movement from 1 track to another using some playback apparatus.
- A good pair of headphones so the DJ can listens to one monitor while the other one is being played to the viewers.
- A set of 2 devices in order to perform the recordings of audio or if the playback is electronic then just one device is required. These devices are required to switch back and forth between tracks in order to make a constant playing of audio.
- A sound system can also be necessary for the purpose of amplification or broadcasting of those recordings. This usually is made up of PA system or a portable audio sound system.
- Electronic flaws units to include special noises to the sound recordings (octave, reverb, delay, chorus, equalizer)
- a particular device called a DJ hardware controller which can beautifully manipulate digital music files on a pc.
- Sequencers, samplers, drum machines and electronic keyboards.
- "Multi stylus head shells" which help the DJ play various styles of this groove.
Do you want to learn more about the Denon DJ. Well you can read everything about it on our website. Click here to know more about Traktor Kontrol S8